Barn Fire

General

Barn Fire

On Wednesday November 9, 2016 at 10:53 a.m. Jefferson Fire District was dispatched to a structure fire at 32619 Cooper Drive, Albany, Oregon.  Upon arrival Incident Commander, Scott Shepherd stated that the owner Doug Burton was spraying water with a garden hose inside a barn which almost extinguished the fire.  The fire started inside the barn near a baby calf’s pen.  A heating lamp attached to a board caught on fire.  There were bales of hay and straw nearby that also caught on fire.  There were two calves and six chickens that all survived.   One of the calves is two weeks old and is named New Jersey. 

 

The fire was deemed under control at 11:17 a.m.  There were no injuries.  Albany and Turner also assisted with the fire. 

20161109_114506img_0331

Comments are closed.